Hard as fuck

I've never hidden the fact that I'm an emotional person. I don't just wear my heart on my sleeve, it's in every fibre of my body, plastered across my face, and my clothes are cut from its cloth. It's fair to say I emote my way through life.

If I were to hear someone talk about me, perhaps my eulogy (you'll be leaving the service - likely non-denominational although I am a Catholic - to Green Day, so I hope you have the Time of Your Life), I'd hope to hear from someone that I'd achieved my wish of being a kind and considerate person to others, strangers as well as friends.

You see, even though I don't have that much, I'm willing to share what I have. It may be my advice or a shoulder to cry on, it could be a last-minute favour or a place of refuge, but I am always generous with my time, friendship, love and support.

I readily admit, I don't just befriend or acquaint, I adopt. That's not to say I'll suffocate you - but expect me to be interested in you and your life, and welcome you into mine. It's how I do things. 

I have been told I'm too emotional for business, but I beg to differ. I'm straight-up and honest, I'm probably too outspoken for my own good, but I am not malicious or unkind. If you piss me off, you can expect to know about it, but I don't do political games, I don't do cliques and I don't take a crap in my friends' laps.

Regrettably, not everyone in this world is the same. There have been so many people I’ve invested in, welcomed into my life, my family and even my home. Not all, but plenty have abused my trust, my friendship and my hospitality. They've taken advantage of me, slighted me, forgotten me, hurt me - some intentionally - I've been put down and let down and expected to stay down.

But still I rise. 

You see, although I don't forget, I forgive many things. There are some people that have pushed me too far and know it; others have yet to learn they crossed the line, but they will; and there are a few who get another chance. To the outsider, the non-emotional ying to my yang, it might appear I'm a bit of an idiot going back for more. But, unlike the Keane song, one day I won't bend and break, I'll simply snap. 

You see, I'm a kind and gentle soul and pretty easy going too but please don’t confuse that with thinking I’m soft. I’m actually hard as fuck.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full rubber jacket

Mummy makes a point

Mummy goes back to school