Mummy makes a point

I'm not a material girl in this material world. Aside from the fact that I'm past 40 and therefore can only be referred to as a girl by my grandmother's generation, I'm not one for fancy trappings.

Yes, I like Ted Baker, but I also wear Primarche. I love M&S food but I also shop at Aldi (pronounced Al-di, not All-di). My point is that I enjoy the finer things in life, but don't need them.

On the matter of finer things, karma is up there. I'm desperately resisting the aching urge to say "I told you so" to a number of people. So to maintain some dignity I'm going to blog in generalist terms, in the hope that it's as cathartic as my writing usually is. 

I've got a fiendish friend sitting on my shoulder. There used to be a slight nick, not quite big enough to be a chip but definitely some shallow damage, but that's healed and now the devil's taken up residence. Every once in a while, he'll lean across and whisper in my ear, and we'll spend a little time debating how good it feels to be a voyeur to karma.

Does it ever feel good. Trying to convey how good it feels is beyond even my creative talent, but I'll give it a go.

Ever had your heart broken? Imagine finding out that person has been cuckolded.
Ever walked away from something that was crushing your soul? Imagine never having to go back.
Ever had friends drop you? Imagine how you'll feel when they need you and you hold the power.

Feels good, doesn't it? And makes you want to tell the world.

To everyone who has unfairly doubted, discussed or devastated someone, broken trust or broken hearts, this is for you.

Karma biting your arse? I told you so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full rubber jacket

Mummy goes back to school