Dear Diary

It's been ages since I last wrote in you. True, I've been writing for other people and things are going pretty well, so I have been busy. Hopefully this little entry will make up for the days of neglect you've suffered.

I wanted to tell you about a conversation I had with my husband.

We're not normally in the bathroom at the same time - we follow a complicated routine every evening that accommodates my husband's OCD tendencies so I'm usually in bed already by the time he is ready to begin his evening toilette. Last night however, a series of events led to us both in the en suite at the same time. He was brushing his teeth and I was lamenting how quickly my eyebrows grow.

Seriously, since I saw Ian and he eradicated the most obvious signs of my aging, I've not needed to look in a mirror - let's face it, I don't go out - and in the last couple of days my normally beautifully shaped brows have advanced in to no man's land unnoticed. Anyway, I digress.

Conversation had taken one of its more usual turns into the obscure when I made a joke about Howard Jones being big in Japan. The joke itself wouldn't be funny to anyone except us, but I won't disappoint when I tell you the punchline involved the words "get to know you well". Our chat continued...

He: Remember when we went to see him - that was an experience (Isle of Wight early on in our relationship)

Me: I've seen him five times

He: Yes darling, but you've also seen Celine Dion

And with that, I was ruined. Because I have seen HoJo five times, and Celine once (she was phenomenal). I've also seen McFly (post Harry's turn on Strictly) and I heard them once supporting Busted (yes, supporting) when they played at a school close to where I lived. I've seen The Dubliners more times than I can remember (Irish family) and The Drifters (including an original member when I was very young).

Sometimes I think I'm quite cool - I've been to see The Darkness, Noel Gallagher and his flock, and Green Day three times each.

But then I remember I've seen The Corrs (*blush*) and I realise I'm not in the least cool at all.

But for those that may sneer at Howard and his New Song, nothing (and I mean nothing) compares to my experience watching Foxy Shazam, the supporting act for Justin and the boys in 2012.

Look them up - I'm still not entirely sure what happened that night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full rubber jacket

Mummy makes a point

Mummy goes back to school