Still I rise

Today, the wonderful Maya Angelou would have been 90. If ever there was an example of a phenomenal woman, it is she.

Nothing I can write would ever resonate as strongly as her words, so today's post is for the phenomenal women in my life and those I've yet to meet. These words are chosen for the sage advice they've provided me through my life, my career, and my relationships. May they bring you comfort too, whenever you need it.

With love.


  • If you only have one smile in you, give it to the people you love.
  • I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
  • When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
  • There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
  • If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
  • My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
  • Nothing will work unless you do.
  • Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.
  • Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
  • We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. 
  • All great achievements take time.
  • The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind.
  • I created myself.
  • Still I rise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full rubber jacket

Mummy makes a point

Mummy goes back to school